Survey Broken Heart Story (since 2013)
Artist Hyesoo Park has been collecting real stories from people's past :
especially, those personal stories about failure, invaluable story, personal memories and everyday life.
This project focuses on lost love. So, she have collected the broken heart Stories told by ordinary visitors at the Jan Van Eyck academy (NL 2014) and MoA Museum(Seoul, Korea 2013).
Park collected 50 kinds of broken heart story using typewriter which she had installed at the cafe of JVE in Sep 2014~ Dec 2014.
Then she requested participant artists of JVE to write a new story(fiction) which was based on the collected real broken heart stories. there was no specific form and quantity in new writing and artists could write and read it with their own language.
And Park creates a confuse space where coexists with real and fiction through mixing the fiction and real story in Open studio in JVE(2015).
reading & interview lovecas
Voice: Anne Callahan, Cedar Lewisohn, Martin La Roche, Matylda Krzykowski, Hyesoo Park- participant artists of JVE(2014 season)
* If you want to join this survey, send email with your broken heart story. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More Information about this project >>
83. I wore sunglasses too often. she got tired of that.
I was not really in Love.
All I wanted was for him to see me shine, but I got lost in his shadow.
84. never happened.....
85. It was a real drama with a lot of tears and chocolate.
86. He did love me but he knew that somethings had need to end.
still he loved the sex to much to let her go. so instead of saying the truth he used her so after words her heart would be more jused and broken.
He used multiple times and even cheated and after he broke up with he apparently had already another one and still used her.
Even a few months later he cald her to say that he loved her, but that it would never had worked, and that the misses the sex.
At that moment she was are dat done with him. and hoped that he would walked in to a big heavy wall.
87. I came back from summer vacation and a mutual friend asked if she were still dating some guy.
Apparently she had started seeing someone while I was away and since no one knew we were dating because she couldn't let her parents know that she was in a lesbian relationship no one told me.
And I suffered alone.
We cried a lot and she tried to apologize, and HOLD My hand constantly.
Eventually I just stopped talking to her.
88. Long time ago, we danced on "Brown eyed girl:, so in love now we broke up for several years.
Yesterday, what's app: Now on radio, brown eyed girl.
Oh, dear, so sweet. I can't listen. still dancing with you miss you too"
after 15 years, still good memories.
89. unbearable silence.
90. I went out with this smart guy for 3 months. he dumped over a mushroom experience. funny..
I just left.
91. Sometimes it's just too complicated. sometimes it's only about accept we are and why does this make us different from the person we love.
Realizing this is hard, but only we can clear things up.
are you a pusher or are you a puller?
I obviously wasn't good enough.
92. He say I think nothing.
and I said it's not possible.
You must to think.
It's maybe unconscientious thinking, something that you can not find a right language.
It's crazy to find the good words to share your feelings the language?
We need to find other shape to talk about love what is happen?
Language of Love?
My story is like a this machine..