1.jpg
Spreading_2001_mugwort , ginkgo leaf powder,nylon_200*180*15cm

Depth felt on surface Gallery artWILL (Seoul, KR)

2001.10.17-10.29     

The title of this exhibition is " depth felt on surface". Phenomena that allow us to recognize the inside from the outside.... I feel the rapid change of time through colors of natural creatures in collecting things. That change is made by inside power as well as its environment, I thought. " Depth felt on surface" is the process(change) seen from the outside. I worked on it by the language of feelings such as ' Floating', 'spreading', and' fragrance' . It is my intention to feel the inside while watching the outside. The attempt to call a viewer's attention rather than making the work itself reveal something continues in this exhibition. 

Life is changing constantly. The signs of these changes are usually revealed from the inside to the outside. I wanted to disclose these obvious signs of changes. Mildew on water surface 
gives such hints on changing situation of water. We can tell from the mildew on water surface how foul the water became. The depth felt on the surface means the changing process one can 
discover on surface 

표면에서 느끼는 깊이 展_Gallery artWILL 
밖에서 인식할 수 없는 내부의 인상들.. 하지만 감출 수 없이 외부로 나타나는 징후들... 
그것이 향기 또는 색의 변화가  직접적인 드러남이 아닌 서서히 밀려 올라가거나 번져 퍼져나가는 느낌을 작가가 직접 자연물을 채집한 과정 속에서 느끼는 시간의 변화이다. 
작품들은 자연의 변화가 외부의 환경 뿐 아니라 내부의 힘에 의한 것이 아닐까 하는 의문을 갖고 시작하였다. 

<표면에서 느끼는 깊이>는 다시 말해 외부(밖)에서 보여지는 (느껴지는) 안의 모습(과정/변화)이라 할 수 있다. 그러한 모습들을 느낌의 언어로 '떠오르기','번지기','향기'와 같은 작품들은 모두 겉을 통해 느끼는 안(내부)의 보습을 표현하였다. 식물 가루의 향기가 본격적으로 작품에 도입되었고  직접 키우는 곰팡이가 사용되기도 하였다. 
작품 스스로가 무언가를 드러내 보여주기보다는 보는 이로 하여금 잊고 지내던 사소하지만 중요한 것을 깨닫기 바라는 의도가 있다.    

삭제하시겠습니까?
취소